Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Resource for Seniors Opens on Myrtle

Last week, Old Town Monrovia welcomed an organization dedicated to empowering seniors and providing their families with answers to health care dilemmas.

About Senior Solutions staff and supporters celebrated its grand opening with an open house held at the new office building, located in Suite 208 at 525 S. Myrtle Avenue, next to Wells Fargo.

The business re-located from Pasadena, according to Founder Mary Winners, whose background includes acute care hospitalization, Gero-psychiatric issues, Alzheimer's and dementia care, hospice, assisted living and other senior care options.

According to the brochure, About Senior Solutions is a senior resource, evaluation, placement and advocacy organization dedicated to serving the needs of aging seniors and their family members.

The service is designed to help those caring for seniors and who have concerns such as:

  • I may not be doing what my mom wants.
  • My grandmother could have dementia, what should I do?
  • I am not sure if Dad should be left alone.
  • I am worried that my mom's health is declining because she is the primary caregiver for my father.
More information can be found at www.aboutseniorsolutions.com, by visiting the blog, or by calling (888)736-5864.